We went to a Dr. appointment today. We were excited to go so that we could ask questions, since we were so stunned at the last appointment we couldn't think of any questions to ask! Here is what we found out:
- We heard two little heartbeats, both were very strong. It's good to know that they are both healthy at this point!!
- My due date is August 3, although the babies will probably come early. The average gestation period for twins is 37 weeks, so about July 10 plus or minus 2-3 weeks is when they will be born.
- The twins are most likely fraternal. Craiggers is still hoping for identical, but we will be happy as long as both babies remain healthy.
- I won't have any travel restrictions until the last few months of the pregnancy....at this point, anyway.
- At 32 weeks they will decide if I should continue to work. If there are no issues at that point, I will probably work up to week 34-35.
- The biggest risk as the pregnancy progresses is pre-term labor, which happens due to the ever-increasing size of the uterus. The body thinks it's time for the babies to be born, as we are set up for one at a time. Since I will be at capacity early, I may need to take it really easy toward the end so that we can keep them in as long as possible.
So that's about it. We are all healthy and things are going very well! Here are a few pictures of the excited older siblings (including Bowie, who has no idea what in the heck is going on).